If you are an entrepreneur whose business relies on the power of referral marketing, this will be one of the most important blog posts you will ever read.
Referrals are the best type of leads because when you reach out to a referral, they are more open to hearing what you have to say based on the friendly recommendation from one of their contacts. The situation is ideal for you because it will increase your chances of closing them on becoming a client of yours.
When asking for referrals be sure to follow this script below when reaching out to your warm market via the telephone.
(Start Role Play)
Your Friend Joe: “Hello?”
You: “Hi Joe, it’s ____________ how are you?”
Joe: “I’m doing fine thanks…You?”
You: “I’m doing great…Hey is this a bad time?”
Joe: “No not at all what’s up?”
You: “Well I wanted to reach out to you to ask you something. My current business specializes in __________________________ (the value you bring to the marketplace e.g. “helping business owners increase their sales”), and I wanted to reach out to you to see if you knew if any one of your entrepreneurial friends had this need?
Joe: “Actually it is interesting that you are asking me now, because I was just talking to one of my friends who is struggling to make his numbers every month…”
You: “Well if it is OK with you, would you be ok with introducing your friend to me through e-mail so I can reach out to him to see if there is a way we could work together?”
Joe: “Absolutely! I will send it in the next 5 minutes.”
You: “Thanks so much Joe! I really appreciate the help”
Joe: “No problem!”
Now assuming Joe’s friend becomes the client, be sure to service him to the best of your ability. This is important because once you provide Joe’s friend a great experience, you will be able to follow the same process above with them to create more warm introductions that will eventually lead to more clients and customers for you.
From implementing this activity alone, you will be able to break into new markets that you would have never had access too.
Now go out there and get to work!
1) If it isn’t a good time to chat with your contact when you first call, ask them when would be a better time. You want to make sure they can really listen to you without any distractions.
2) Always remember that people do business with people who they know, like and trust. Always maintain a positive attitude, and never compromise your integrity when building your business or asking for referrals.
About The Author
Scott Bradley is an entrepreneur who is passionate about helping business owners create and implement effective marketing plans, strategies and tactics. He is the owner of this website, Brilliant Business Advice, and spends most of his time creating products and services that directly serve the small business community. You can learn more about Scott on his personal website which can be found at http://www.ScottBradley.name
May We Suggest
Free Productivity Training
- The Ultimate Guide To Creating An Awesome Blog Post For Your Company Site
- 16 Ways To Get More Facebook Likes To Your Page
- Keyword Research: How To Know Who Searches For Specific Keywords
- How To Ask For Referrals
- How Businesses Selling a Consumable Consumer Product Can Easily Increase Their Sales Using Twitter Search